Thursday, September 22, 2011

squeaky

I am trying to find many ways to be cost effective.

Online deals I am getting better at checking up on, but not necessarily following through with, however I am trying.

So, along the path to cutting costs I have stumbled into a few habits.

I feel that I do SO much laundry for just 2 people. However, when you keep in my mind my hubby works 2, sometimes 3 jobs, with various uniforms and sweat fests, he is CONSTANTLY discarding clothes into the pile when home. Notice I say PILE, not 1 of our 2 hampers... :-) Also, pile in the laundry I do for my side business....there is much laundry in this house.

ANy way, here is week 1 of my new experiment in making my own laundry detergent. 3 easy ingredients, a 5 minute job putting it together. And 1 tablespoon per load is needed. The soap doesn't foam as with my usually liquid free and clear detergents I used to use. So, if the math is correct i will be paying about 3cents a load for my laundry now. Approximately. No, I did not do that math myself.
The clothes smell fresh and clean, but they don't have a SCENT. I know J will like that once he starts wearing htem! So, we shall see if all goes well!

Also, the clear plastic spray bottle is my new disinfectant spray. distilled water, white vinegar and a few essential oils. Seemed to work pretty well in the bathroom.
I don't think my germ-a-phobe self will give up my Clorox wipes anytime soon, especially since flu season looms in a distance.... but for my usual cleaning this seems to be working well.

I read somewhere that you can put your sponges in the dishwasher... .thoughts anyone? I have microwaved some of my sponges in a bowl of water to disinfect them but I don't know..... I hate feeling the need to throw away my sponges so quickly.. hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment