Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dear Husband

Marriage is such a gift! Doing our small part to even attempt to exemplify and emulate God's perfect covenant with us, although we fail daily, is such a unique opportunity and I am so grateful to be on this journey with you.

I am sorry these past few weeks have been a bit more challenging than the weeks before that; but thank you for your gracious and *mostly* patient commitment to 'us.' I was pleased last night when you snuggled me on the couch and said "I like this week's marriage better than last week's!" Me too honey, and I didn't even take offense to that comment because, frankly, you were right.

Thank you for not yelling at me when I thought I lost my ring. And thanks for finding it! For watching the Justin Bieber movie with me, and enjoying it. For being gentle when I am being unreasonable, for working 85 hours last week and not complaining. For doing neti-pots when I complain about your snoring, for validating my work. For letting me be clingy, for answering my sometimes stupid questions, and for praying every night with me, no matter what.
"God gave me you for the ups and downs"... oh yeah and listening to country music with me all the time.

You're doing great, I am so proud of you. don't get too frustrated with our current situation, let's enjoy it because surely, "...this too shall pass."

so needless to say... I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment