Monday, September 26, 2011

"Ima tell you one time...."

Sunday, after church and a very successful fellowship meal... (It was a great day with 2 baptisms and a large homeschool family in our church becoming members .. yay!)

Francis, Chris, and Joseph and I enjoyed a relaxing day at our house and watched the Justin Beiber movie.

Yes, fun was had by at least 3 of the 4 of us! I was a bit surprised that I actually have a new found respect for this kid, as there is some true musical talent there; also who doesn't love a good underdog, rags to riches story once in a while?

Then, the evening got interesting with the Steeler's game which we decided to watch at Champs. I love football season! Even if it can be stressful!


NEW TOPIC..................................................................................................................................................

Yum yum yum! The only "problem" with this much deliciously fresh produce, is I have 1 chef's knife, to put it mildly I have 1 working knife...period. It took me hours....yes, HOURS to create this week's mega Southwest Salad and pico de gallo. However, as I have a history of not being very coordinated with a knife, taking my time is my own decision to protect my poor little fingers. I am currently drawing up some price comparisons of a food processor/blender/juicer/chopper i need in my kitchen. The n=Ninja 1100 looks promising but I really think I still want a Vitamix.

Saturday, I also used one of my mamma's recipe to make a casserole dish for the church fellowship meal. I called her desperately after work, when I was already at the grocery store as I had NO plan and zero inspiration to cook! Not only did she give me a recipe, she and dad drove to Tucson to say hi!! And after they did their shopping they brought dinner home for J and I... Talk about an unexpected pick me up :-)

A new recipe, a modified version of a recipe my Brother gave me. Chicken, Rotel, homeny, corn and some seasonings. J says its good but missing something, perhaps a thickening tomato paste? The chicken shredded nicely though! This will be for lunches or dinners this week. I also have some whole-wheat tortillas to make salad/chicken burritos too if the mood strikes us.








On a completely side and random note I got some new makeup! As i have been very happy with my mineral foundation from M*A*C I decided to try their eyeliner and lipstick....Nothing like new "war paint" to up my femininity feelings....

No comments:

Post a Comment