Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Domesticated

I am being domesticated.

With my new schedule, I have a bit more time at home. Time which I am utilizing in my continued studies towards my goal of orthopedic certification, and also towards becoming a super wife. .... ... ?

This has been a bit of a challenge for me. Since I am home more I have NO EXCUSES. That is becoming my internal motto.

The dishes should be DONE
The laundry should be FOLDED and PUT AWAY
The house should be UN-CLUTTERED
And FOOD SHOULD BE HOME-MADE and PRE-PREPARED!

I give myself a 'B' for the past few weeks.....ok not a B- ... but not a B+ either...just a B.

My husband is working hard to be an A+ provider so I should make sure to be an A+ wife. Dedicated to all the duties therein.

Anyways, I am trying to 'cook ahead' food we can easily take to work and eat all week. I am repeating a HIT I had last week with....mega salad.



this is mega-salad, green peppers, red leaf lettuce and spinach finely chopped, red onion, tomato, carrots, this week I added cucumber, and cheese, hard-boiled eggs, and chicken on a day to day protein-needed basis.

I also did a veggie uuuh mix. with red skin potatoes, zucchini, black beans, corn and peas mixed together with salt and pepper. It needs more flavor, but I had no plan when I cooked and threw it all together so I have just been pairing it with flavored (mesquite) chicken and J hasn't complained. Needless to say, cooking "as fresh as possible" when you have no culinary ability or DESIRE to learn is interesting! But it has been fun and we are healthy, happy, and fed.

Still I prefer baking.... below are what I brought to church for our fellowship meal last week.


fruit loop treats for the kiddos


Cheesecake brownies for the adults.

I think they liked them, I had none-left over!


I am hoping to gain a bit more perspective in my house. Not that I want my house super decorated or anything. But perhaps with a bit more flair than what college roommates and parental hand-me downs and Ikea-found furniture has made home. But it is comfortable and lived in, and a home we own and love. But I guess now that I am IN it more and more, I am taking more pride in its appearance. It needs a little TLC....


So here's to a new season of my life, being domestik8...ed....

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm those fruit loop treats look delicious! I don't know why I never thought about using another cereal in place of rice krispies, but now I'm inspired! Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete