Tuesday, October 2, 2012

sniff



Associations. I hate chicken soup. Let me clarify, I hate HOME-MADE chicken soup....why is that? minus my aversion to raw meats in general, (too many anatomy books a kid I assume) for some reason unless chicken soup is hidden among an un-imaginable amount of sodium, chicken soup creates a nauseatingly tingle in my body. Why Kate? Why are you so weird? why this unhealthy aversion to something so very wholesome? Simply the timing of a bad stomach flu when I was....5 years old. Perhaps this is childish, but some of you may be all-to familiar with how our mind associates.

Smells.
 The smell of rosin, sweat, tights and hairspray= my ballet bag.
The smell of rubber, sweat, and feet=My martial arts days.
Vanilla=smells amazing in it's own right. And to me smells like Pinterest.
Tea tree oil= my comfort oil, reminds me of my mamma and makes me thing of late-night snuggles when I was being sneaky up past my bedtime and she was taking care of her skin....
Our dirty laundry=my husband, comforting and safe.
Desert after Rain=Smells like love

The smell of chicken soup=stomach flu
You get the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment