Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I love my birthday.

Let's chalk it up to my parents spoiling me rotten. My vague memories of birthdays years past include daddy hiding "my birthday dress," which he usually picked for me himself, wrapped somewhere in the house. Playing hot'n'cold with dad searching for my present is as fond a memory as our hours playing ice cream girl..
As far back as i can remember dad would print "happy birthday Katelyn" signs an tape them around the house with balloons. Mom compensated with elaborate tea parties and petit fours the years dad was unavailable for my special day. I remember my favorite "smelly jellys' for my growing feet many years, and various relatives making a spring visits with added early or belated celebrations JUST for me no matter when they showed up. Call me the princess, call me spoiled, whatever you wish, but on March 24th please oh please call me the birthday girl!

I appreciate my husband playing along the entire month of march....with "ok, because its your BIRTHDAY!" and this year he went overboard with thoughtful gifts he showered me after work yesterday. Then we shared a delightful afternoon and evening with friends.

This year had me particularly excited, my golden 24th on the 24th of March! it will only happen once in my short little lifetime :-)


What a delightful day!


1 comment:

  1. Bahah, Kate, you got the BEST gifts ever. I need someone to gift me thus. :D And happy belated birthday. You da birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete