Monday, June 4, 2012

I did it.

I just hit submit to an online application that I had been avoiding filling out. Not for lack of desire, but for the fear and insecurities that have been bubbling inside me these past few weeks.

The last time I filled out a "university" college application, I was with my mother, it was a HUGE deal for me.  I was on the "senior-itis high" only an 18 year old high school student would understand,  on the brink of change, freedom and with the world's oyster at my fingertips.

That was over 6 years ago. Kate and the University of Arizona did not get along as well as expected.
I made some friends I didn't fail my classes, but saying God was trying to transition my life is an understatement. I was miserable. I was hanging out with sad, miserable people, and I was trying to force myself into learning and becoming proficient in subjects that I quickly learned I had no interest in.  I was going through a "messy" break-up, and became miserably sick, all not half-way through my first semester.  I think God was trying to get my attention.


Fast forward  to 2012. I have a fulfilling job, a trade skill I enjoy and am told have talent in. I own my own business, and work for 2 others; and have been happily married for almost 3 years. But it is/was not at all where I expected to be...in so many ways I feel like a failure.

Lately, I have had to come to terms with my failure as a humbling experience God worked together for the good. And yet he provides me with the means for getting together my unfinished business.

I will not be my own academic inferior. I will achieve my goals, (unless God wants to change them again) I will do it with a good attitude, and not let the shadow of my failures darken the light of the road ahead.


4 comments:

  1. you are going to do fabulous! me and uofa didnt get along too well either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K8, I stalked you from Bethany's blog. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K8, I stalked you from Bethany's blog. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K8, I stalked you from Bethany's blog. Hi!

    ReplyDelete