Thursday, December 2, 2010

peace

"My God is so great So strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do!" ~An old CEF song I used to sing at Bible Clubs

I am just going to be brutally honest. A stressful couple of weeks of work, right along with a stressful couple of weeks waiting out an apparently 50 day *cycle*, I have been a stressed mess.

Now my husband is constantly teaching me what I thought I would teach him about contentment, (Thomas Watson's the Art of Divine Contentment being one of my all time favorite life changing reads). He is the epitome of support and love when I fall to pieces. (Joseph not THomas Watson....ok Thomas Watson too, but here I mean Joseph)

And when I expect him to stress and question God, he points me more towards Christ and in no uncertain terms reminds me that God's plans are perfect and my plans are not.

These past few weeks I had to face my selfishness head on. ( a whole other blog post would be how marriage, in general, has shown me more than anything else, what a HORRIBLY SELFISH person I actually am)

I have felt so overwhelmed, but after much prayer with my husband, and with a lovely lady from COPC (who lets me bang on her piano every week as well) I feel so very at peace today. And with that peace came a few answers.

I am newly motivated and dedicated, was extremely productive at work, have new goals and aspirations, and feel joyful and FULL as I continue praying for joy and contentment as God's plan for my life slowly dissolves mine.

Inspirational food for my thoughts 1 peter 1:8 "Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

No comments:

Post a Comment